Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Friends


     When I think of the word "Friend" a lot of things pop into my head.
1. The theme song from Rob & Big, "Let me tell you about my best friend..."
2. The theme song from Friends, "I'll be there for you 'cause your there for me too.."
3. My favorite image is this part from Harry Potter 7 (yes..I love harry Potter) where Harry, Ron, and Hermione go to Luna's house and she has painted all their portraits on her ceiling and she has written the word "friends~friends~friends" all around the group!
     Yesterday, I had a root canal and one of my new friends, Tiffany, came over and brought me some snickerdoodle cookies! It truly made my day and made me feel so loved!
     I was so scared when we first moved to Ohio. I worried I would not make any friends. That I would be all alone and worst of all lonely. Seven monthes in and I can say that I rarely get that deep down ache for the people I love back in Oklahoma. I mean I still miss them a ton!!! But facebook, cell phones, and airplanes have made this separation much easier.
     There is a reason that I do not feel that ache anymore and it's because I have friends! Real and true wonderful women that are sweet and kind to me.
     Yesterday, my friend Tiffany brought me snickerdoodle cookies because I had a root canal. That's a friend.
     As I was thinking about all my friends I realized there were so so many! I am so blessed to have so many true friends! College gave me an education and fabulous friends. Starting with my first true friend, Erin Dickison.
     One of my favorite friend memories is my bridal shower in Stillwater. I have the picture up in my 'getting ready' room. I had so many wonderful women there who I loved and loved me.
     I love all of my friends past, present, and future.

No comments:

Post a Comment