Thursday, February 10, 2011

Young Women


     At church I recently got a new calling. I get to serve in the Young Women's program! I am the second counselor in the presidency which means I get to work with girls age 12 & 13.
     Let's just say I had some nervous excitement going on! I love kids and have worked with kids for awhile now but.....only until they are about five years old! So I was just way out of my comfort zone!
     Well, last night we had New Beginnings where we introduce the new girls to the program. It went so well! I was nervous but now I am feeling much more confident. I am working with such amazing women and my girls...they are so sweet!
     In all my years as a Mormon girl I do not think I have ever had a calling that I have been so nervous about! I called my mom after New Beginnings last night and she said, I hear some nervous excitement in your voice, I think you have met a calling that is really going to challenge you and you are going to love.
     I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve these girls and our Heavenly Father. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment