Friday, February 4, 2011

Homemaking Matters


     I'm a crafty person. I like to pull out my hot glue gun and go crazy! That's the problem though. I have to use a glue gun!
     My dear friend Kara talked about on her blog how she wished she could make yo-yo's and how she wished she would have listened to her grandma.
     I wish I knew how to sew! At the beginning of the summer I was determined to sew me some curtains!......I bought some yesterday. Disappointed. Aaron also makes little comments here and there about how he wished someone would sew his pants up for him.
     I feel like sewing is such a lost art! We have disappointed our grandmother's generation!  As a crafty person I just think that I could do so much if I knew how to sew.
     Well, tomorrow I am pulling out that sewing machine and I am going to take it slow. I'm going to remember it is a skill. I will remember what my mom always told me, "Practice makes perfect."
    Another goal for the year: learn how to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment