Sunday, May 22, 2011

Musicals


     As Aaron heads to work on the night shift I often find myself watching all the shows I know he hates. The ones with drama, the ones that are 'reality', and the ones that sing!
     Today I have "Hello Dolly" playing. Now I do not necessarily love musicals but I for sure enjoy them. I think Disney did this to me. Growing up we would watch Disney movies every Sunday and consequently we would buy the soundtracks as well! Growing up I can remember jamming out to the "Beauty and The Beast" soundtrack while we cleaned the house. I may know every Disney song that is out there...jealous?
     I also believe that my sister Jennifer did this to me as well. This girl loves her some musicals. She used to watch 'Calamity Jane' religiously every night!
     Then I have this friend named Kara who loves musicals too! She introduced me to "Hello Dolly." She was in the play in high school and loves it! So now I love it too!
     This is a very random post I realize. But I am grateful that I grew up in a 'singing' house. One of my favorite parts of church is singing hymns. I love thinking about my mom and my sisters and I sitting together at church and singing.
     I'm glad I will soon have a little girl to sing with. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I lI've Calamity Jane! It's one of my favs! Josh is gone this month on externships and I have tried to cram all my fav chick flicks in :). Wasn't. Today just beautiful. Living here has given me a new appreciation of sunshine and warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post- thanks for the mention. I do believe you watched Hello Dolly because I mentioned wearing the t-shirt to bed the other night...oooooo sexy! hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete